Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ning, wikis, changes to blog, and glogster

I knew I had forgotten something, and that was to invite others to my ning network. I remember starting to do this in class, but I don't remember why I didn't complete it. I added some more bookmarks to delicious, and retrieved some for my blog. I'm really amazed at all of the information and resources there are on classroom 2.0. I could get lost there. I looked up information on wikispaces, and I came across this link in the Forum section: http://gmiller.wikispaces.com/Wiki%27s. There was so much information, and this was just a small part of this forum on wikispaces. Initially, I had watched the tutorial from http://www.wikispaces.com/site/tour to reinforce information I might have missed in class. Apparently, our school district will be putting the teacher web pages on wikispaces some time next school year. I revamped my "Useful Links" page, embedding links in text. I took another look at www.glogster.com , and noticed something I hadn' t before. I could have my students make glogs without having to create a gmail account, which I'm not sure if they'd be allowed to do.